The Manolo Paz Foundation for Contemporary Art was created in 2010 by artist Manolo Paz to promote the study and knowledge of modern and contemporary art.
The Foundation's main objectives are as follows:
- To study, conserve and disseminate the work of sculptor Manolo Paz, within the context of the universality that characterizes his contribution to Galician cultural heritage.
- To establish, open and maintain the Manolo Paz Museum of Contemporary Art.
- To promote and disseminate contemporary art in general using all known media and formats, including traditional paper and electronic media and any other audiovisual or computer-assisted formats.
- To organise permanent, temporary and itinerant exhibitions, congresses, seminars, symposiums, courses and workshops related to contemporary art.
- To conserve, study, make available to researchers and disseminate the Foundation's cultural, bibliographical, artistic and documentary collections.
- To carry out any other activity related to the objectives stated above.